Aviva is now one of the leading workplace insurance providers in the UK since its acquisition of Friends Life in April 2015. Since then, work has been ongoing to build a new Group Protection offering that takes advantage of the extensive expertise from both companies. Steve Bridger, Managing Director Group Protection at Aviva, said: “We want to offer our clients and members the best possible security and support when they need it most and the proposition we have created does exactly that.
“We’ve taken a good look at the market and adapted our products to create a better fit with people’s lives. More and more people are surviving cancer and then going back to work and it was important to recognise that. I’m really pleased we can now offer cover to people who have previously been diagnosed with the illness.”
Value added services
The new proposition will also include a wide range of value added services. These are available to members throughout the entire time they are covered and some can be used without making a claim. The services include:
- RedArc: a long term Personal Nurse Adviser service that provides practical advice and emotional support following a critical illness diagnosis.
- Best Doctors®: aims to help people with the overwhelming questions that can race around their minds after being diagnosed with a serious illness. It does this by offering an expert second medical opinion from peer-reviewed specialists
- Stress Helpline: provided by Care first and gives employees access to an ‘in the moment’ helpline handled by accredited counsellors that assist callers with regaining some sense of control when overwhelmed.
- Bereavement and Legal Helpline: the helpline can support those who have suffered a bereavement to understand the Registers Office process and funeral arrangements, offer guidance in dealing with financial matters such as wills and probate and can signpost to other services.
- Employee Assistance Programme: supplied by Care first, the EAP, part of the income protection product, now offers up to eight face to face counselling sessions and is available to all of a policy holder’s insured and non-insured employees. Care first has a dedicated UK call centre staffed by counsellors 24-hours a day.
- Aviva discounts: Members will be able to get discounts on a range of general insurance products such as home, travel and car insurance.
“These value added services are extremely important as they offer members support when they need it without having to make a claim,” said Steve Bridger. “The financial support offered by our Group Protection policies is the cornerstone to our offering, but I believe members will get real value from being able to use the various helplines and support services that come as part of the package.”
View full news release on www.aviva.co.uk